Museum of Archaeology
I wandered up to the Museum of Archaeology by myself at the end of the day. My two co-workers were worn out, but I was determined to see more and so they headed to the hotel while I headed to the museum. I am glad I went. Though I didn't know it until later, many of the items I saw were from Pompeii. I didn't have a museum guide so it wasn't until I bought a book at the Navy Exchange on Pompeii that I realized all the items I had seen. The museum has some great pieces, but it was weird walking through it, I am so used to being watched closely in museums, so as not to touch anything. However, this museum seemed deserted except for patrons. Though many of the pieces were amazing, I was surprised at how poorly they were displayed or lighted. I guess I have been spoiled by the Smithsonian and the Museum of Natural History in New York.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home