
What can I say about the past week. It started off pretty well, with a day off from work, Memorial Day. Dennis had to leave after a weekend visit that day, but it was otherwise relaxing and a beautiful day. Off to work on Tuesday, there was a meeting with clients to get through, but it wasn't looking like a bad day. Until I got a call in the middle of the meeting that Nick hurt himself at school. The nurse informed me that Nick collided with another girl in the hallway and her tooth cut Nick's forehead - he might need a few stitches, but no hurry. So after the meeting was complete I went to get Nick early and off to Patient First we went. A numbing shot and 3 stitches later we headed home with "Had a Bad Day" playing on the radio. The next day, Wednesday, I was off to Washington DC for a meeting. I was making good time and was ahead of schedule until I hit a 12 mile backup on I-95. Four hours later I finally passed what remained of the burned out tractor trailor that was blocking the road. I was still able to meet my high school friend Christy Williamson for dinner, albet a late one. Fortunately the next day it was smooth sailing down I-95 and back to Virginia Beach. I had been back into the office for about an hour when another call came in - this time for the YMCA after school care program. Nick had cut the back of his head open and could I come right away. You cannot be serious!! This child has barely had a skinned knee in his almost 9 years and he cuts his head twice in one week! This time it was off to the emergency room, in case he had a concussion. No concussion, but 6 head staples later we headed home. Thankfully Friday and Saturday were quiet. Today we celebrated Nick's upcoming birthday early. He and several school friends had all you could eat pizza, popcorn, soda, and ice cream at Cinema Cafe while watching "Over the Hedge". They had a really good time. We decided to celebrate his birthday early, since his birthdate falls so close to the Fourth of July. Usually his friends are all out of town and they can't come to a party. It was a good way to end the week. I won't be forgetting this week for quite some time!!
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home